Best ASP.NET Hosting Directory 2020
A-Z Best ASP.NET Hosting Providers Directory
- ASP.NET Core 3
- ASP.NET Core 2
- ASP.NET Core 1
- ASP.NET 5
- ASP.NET 4.7
- ASP.NET 4.6
- ASP.NET 4.5
- ASP.NET 4
- ASP.NET 3.5
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET AJAX
What is ASP.NET Hosting?
It’s a type of Internet service that allows individuals and organizations to provide their own .NET website accessible via the World Wide Web. The latest version is .NET Core, which is based on .NET Core Framework and it’s supported on the latest Windows 2016 Server on IIS 10. Depending on the purpose there are business, eCommerce, personal, professional and developer .NET hosting services.
- Shared – this is when you share the Windows server resources as CPU, RAM, HDD with other users. The number of the sites on one server depends on their size and it could reach around 500 per server.
- VPS – Virtual Private Server (VPS) is when you have virtual machine on one Windows server with dedicated resources which are percentage from the real one, because the server is shared with other users. You have a Remote Desktop access to the server.
- Dedicated – this is when you have a dedicated Windows server and all resources as CPU, RAM, HDD are used only by you. It could be managed or unmanaged. Managed means that the host manage the server (Updates, Installations, Security) for you.
- Reseller – this is when you are able to create and resell accounts to your customers. Usually you have a VPS or Dedicated server and managed your reseller business with control panel as Plesk.
- Cloud – this is when you pay only for the used server resources. The advantage of the cloud solution is scalability, so you can easily increased used resources.
- 3-30 GB Website Disk Space
- 50 GB – Unmetered Monthly Bandwidth/Data Transfer
- Free email included
- WebMail Access
- POP3, IMAP, SMTP
- Unlimited Subdomains
- 10-50 FTP Users
- FTP over SSL
- SmarterStats Website Analytics
- Raw Log Files
- Plesk Control Panel
- Windows Server 2016/2012
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 10/8
- Full Trust and Medium Trust Supported
- Isolated Application Pool
- SQL 2016, 2014
- SQL Backup and SQL Restore
- Microsoft Access Database
- ASP.NET Core 2/1, 4.7/4.6
- MVC 6/5
- Classic ASP
- PHP 7/5
- 99.9% Uptime
- 24/7 Technical Support
First you should define what plan you are looking for as technologies, server resources and so on, then to find a company which provide it, and click on the “Sign up” button which could also be “Create an account” or “Add to cart”, follow the next steps providing your users details and make the payment. Most companies will send you your new account credentials in a couple of minutes.
Usually you could make a payment via credit card or Paypal, some companies also offer additional methods as checks, bank transfer etc…
It should be very easy, in your control panel should be button called “Cancel” or “Terminate” the account. If not, then you should ask your provider about the steps.
No, this is not a mandatory, you could purchase your domain later. You will receive some virtual web address as by example your-server.webhostingbrowse.com, so you could use it to access your server.
To work your domain you should pointed it to your server, this could be done if you use the DNS records of your Web Host, or to create a new “A” or “cname” host records.
It could also take some time, the DNS propagation usually takes 12-24 hours.
It’s not difficult to migrate your website, you could backup (files, database, emails etc…) it first and after that to restore it to the new place. You could use for this the existing control panel (WHM/cPanel, Plesk) or to make it manually. Also to ask the new provider for assistance, many plans include as option – free site migration.
The most common method is to copy your files (scripts, images, styles) using an FTP client, the other option is to use the control manager -> File Manager or SSH/Remote Desktop connection. For the database you could create an install script or to use some of the SQL administration tools (for example phpMyAdmin).
There are 3 main choices that you can get – cPanel, Plesk and custom one. The most popular distributions are cPanel and Plesk, both provide similar features and tools (for example Linux OS support, good user interface, improved security), but Plesk has some advantages, because it has a version for Windows Server and its price is better.
It depends on factors as the number of expected visitors / page views, the number of website pages, the average page size / content (images, videos, texts etc…). You could purchase a Virtual plan, upload your sites and start monitoring the server parameters, and if needed to upgrade the resources as CPU / RAM / HDD, or to directly to get a Dedicated plan.
Many providers offer huge discounts via Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you could find between 30-99% OFF, so this is a good period for getting a new, or change your recent plan or server.