Best UK Hosting Directory 2019
A-Z Best UK Hosting Providers Directory
Web Hosting UK
The most significant advantages are:
1. Local based data centers located in main locations as London, Leeds, Reading, Maidenhead and Milton Keynes.
2. Rapid connection to local and European locations. If your customers are local or Europe based then this could be important factor because your web site will load faster.
3. Local based sales and technical support. This will means that you will have local numbers and could talk in English with support staff.
4. Billing in local currency. You could receive your Invoices and pay in British Pounds (£).
5. VAT registration. If you are VAT registered company you could get your VAT back, and in this way to receive much cheaper services.
If you get a Web hosting in United Kingdom you could have the following features:
– All types of plans as Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Cloud and Reseller hosting.
– Linux or Windows OS.
– MySQL and MS SQL databases depending on OS.
– cPanel or Plesk control panel depending on OS.
– PHP and ASP.NET support.
– Free domain name.
– 24×7 Technical Support.
– Money Back Guarantee.
– Unlimited E-mail Accounts.
– Free Search Engine Tools.
– Free site builder.
– Free online store.
– Blog: WordPress.
– CMS: Joomla or Drupal.
– Ecommerce: nopCommerce or Magento.
– Forum: vBulletin, MyBB or phpBB.
First you should define what plan you are looking for as technologies, server resources and so on, then to find a company which provide it, and click on the “Sign up” button which could also be “Create an account” or “Add to cart”, follow the next steps providing your users details and make the payment. Most companies will send you your new account credentials in a couple of minutes.
Usually you could make a payment via credit card or Paypal, some companies also offer additional methods as checks, bank transfer etc…
It should be very easy, in your control panel should be button called “Cancel” or “Terminate” the account. If not, then you should ask your provider about the steps.
No, this is not a mandatory, you could purchase your domain later. You will receive some virtual web address as by example your-server.webhostingbrowse.com, so you could use it to access your server.
To work your domain you should pointed it to your server, this could be done if you use the DNS records of your Web Host, or to create a new “A” or “cname” host records.
It could also take some time, the DNS propagation usually takes 12-24 hours.
It’s not difficult to migrate your website, you could backup (files, database, emails etc…) it first and after that to restore it to the new place. You could use for this the existing control panel (WHM/cPanel, Plesk) or to make it manually. Also to ask the new provider for assistance, many plans include as option – free site migration.
The most common method is to copy your files (scripts, images, styles) using an FTP client, the other option is to use the control manager -> File Manager or SSH/Remote Desktop connection. For the database you could create an install script or to use some of the SQL administration tools (for example phpMyAdmin).