It means that the Windows hosting provider support .NET Framework 4.0.
Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 are the last generation developer tools from Microsoft.
- ASP.NET 4 introduces a number of features that improve core ASP.NET services such as output caching and session-state storage.
- jQuery Included with Web Forms and MVC.
- Web Forms has been a core feature in ASP.NET since the release of ASP.NET 1.0. Many enhancements have been in this area for ASP.NET 4.
- ASP.NET MVC was introduced as an add-on framework to ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 in March 2009. Visual Studio 2010 includes ASP.NET MVC 2, which includes new features and capabilities.
- Visual Studio 2010 uses the MSDeploy tool to create a compressed (.zip) file for your application, which is referred to as a Web package. A Web package can be copied to any server and then installed manually by using IIS7 Manager.
- A Visual Studio 2010 deployment package can include dependencies on SQL Server databases.
- Visual Studio 2010 also lets you use the IIS remote management service to publish a Web application to a remote server. You can create a publish profile for your ASP.NET 4 hosting account or for testing servers or staging servers.
Read more for ASP.NET 4 hosting